Naruto: Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Design your own ninja and walk the path of a shinobi! Will you protect your village or betray it? The choice is yours.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moderator Application Form

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

Moderator Application Form Empty
PostSubject: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 am

Well, now we're up and running I am in need of staff members to help me maintain the site. If you think you have what it takes, post an application here (following the template below). Be prepared, I am only accepting the best.

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Reasons:[/b] (Why you wish to be a moderator).
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (Yes, I want my staff to be top-notch RPers too; minimum of 200-250 words).

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 am

Username: Genesis
Reasons: Help the site get going, make sure that we don't get clogged with applications as so many sites do and because I love holding a position of power over other people.
Strengths: Often on, have spare time, will prioritize applications before personal RPing, can be useful, loves PMs
Weaknesses: Does not RP as often as he maybe should, gets jealous easily, is often intimidated by long posts
RP Sample: Sweat was already pouring down his face and it was only 8 in the morning. The sun seemed to choose to beat down only at the moments that he was trying to get something that was physically strenuous done. He breathed in deeply and quickly formed the proper hand seals. A great burst of hot orange flame shot out and hit the anti-fire training target. Dead on. He wiped his brow. He really should change into something more suited to such a hard workout. He didn't even really how hard it would be to keep repeating the same jutsu over and over and over again. Chakra control was always something he was good at, but it seemed that just being able to control it was not enough. He needed more OF it. He breathed in deeply of the burning air and breathed out another spurt of flame, this time sending out multiple fire balls to hit the target all around the bulls-eye point. The heat from the flames was starting to feel hotter than the sun behind him. He repeated the jutsu again until finally some of his hair singed. He quickly turned away and walked to a tree which offered him the shade he needed. The sweat did not seem to be able to evaporate quickly enough and it dropped off of him in what seemed like bucketfulls. He felt like he was probably feeding the tree all of the water it would need for the next 10 years. He sighed and sank down, his shirt nearly tearing as it slide down the barky treetrunk. He looked around. Around the target the air was still distorted, and it looked like nobody was out on this blistering day. All the more practice time for him. He groaned.

After a couple of minutes or so, the ground damp beneath him, he stood up and stretched his arms. He was cooler now, the sweat having finally evaporated and having cooled him down. He started to walk towards the targets again, then quickly changed his mind and turned around, instead going to the gym area. Maybe he should work on his practice some more, he was starting to get sloppy with his kunai and shuriken. He opened up his pouched of kunai, took aim, and shot it. It hit the target straight on in the center of its head. Maybe he should entertain himself... He took aim again and this time hit the target's left eye. He shot next at the right eye, then at the mouth. Finally he took out a shuriken and chucked it hard at the nose. It collided and the waves that the rubber formed knocked the kunai out of place. He looked around guiltily before heading over there to pick up his kunai and to pry his shuriken out of the dummy's nose. He stood back to enjoy the 5 holes he had made in the thing before cocking his head in wonder and punching it hard in the rubber-gut.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 am

That's a pretty decent application, good job. I like the honesty in your "reasons" answer! I'm going to give you moderator status over the creating, roleplay and social forums. Congrats, the first mod!
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:15 am

Thank you ma'am. I'll need you to watch over me for a bit, I'm not 100% on how you want this place to be run, so yeah. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Not a problem, I'm sure you'll do a good job.
Back to top Go down
Tsuchi
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Tsuchi

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 am

Username:Tsuchi
Reasons: i wish to be a moderater because i want to help people with there apps.
Strengths:i'm on every day and listen to others
Weaknesses:I am not always kind to people i dislike.
RP Sample: Tsuchi looked around the corner."Raikou...it's time to learn a new jutsu." Tsuchi's brother Raikou came out of the living room."What jutsu?!?!?!!?" Raikou asked exitedly."Hmmm...well i haven't really thought actually, but i'll think of something." Tsuchi thought for a second."I know,"Tsuchi snaped his fingers" Clone jutsu" Tsuchi lead his brother into a feild and he stood "ok first for the tiger seal" Raikou did so "Then controll your chacra and imagine that there are two of you focus your chakra in to the thought and then, one ,two ,three" Tsuchi made a clone"you got yourself one awesome clone" Tsuchi's brother did just as he had said but failed the first three times but on the fourth try he made a clone that a normal person would and Tsuchi bent down and patted him on the head"nice job little bro "Tsuchi picked him up and brought him inside to the living room"Tommarow it's the mole hiding jutsu" Tsuchi's brother just smiled and said"i'm no master of earth like you are" Tsuchi smiled at the compliment.

(the next day)
Tsuchi looked at his opponent and smiled "you don't know who i am do you..Tsuchi..Tsuchi Senju and i'm seventeen the hope of the senju clan."Tsuchi jumped and pulled out his bamboo sword and slammed it in to his opponent.his opponent dodged and jumped higher to branch and said "well do you know who i am..i'm many things but most call me leader of the akatsuki."Tsuchi looked unimpresed and he swung the bamboo sword again "i don't care who you are you killed my brother and you shall pay for your crime"Tsuchi jumped and hit his opponent with the bamboo sword across the face but after his opponent diapeared "NOOO!!!!"Tsuchi yelled.Tsuchi went back home and baried his brothers body."i'm sorry raikou i coulden't save you..he was to fast"Tsuchi cried for his fallen family member and he made a tombstone of wood that said "here lies Raikou Senju"Tsuchi went inside and he stayed for three days the he came out into the light,he had moved on.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Okay, so you want to be an application moderator. The little niggle I have with this is that your typing structure, spelling, punctuation and grammar is somewhat random. Basically, moderators need to lead a completely perfect example, so if I converted your RP sample into what I'd want from a mod:

---

Tsuchi peered around the corner. "Raikou...it's time to learn a new jutsu." He called. Moments later, Tsuchi's brother Raikou emerged from out of the living room."What jutsu?" Raikou asked excitedly. Raising his hand to his chin, Tsuchi's brow furrowed as he thought. "Hmmm...well I haven't really put much thought to it, but I'll come up with something." He mused. Just a second later he brightened up and looked at his brother. "I know," Tsuchi snapped his fingers, "I'll teach you a clone jutsu."

Tsuchi led his brother out of the house, through the village and down into a large, empty field. Not wanting to wait around, Tsuchi went straight to the task at hand. "Listen and watch, Raikou. First, the tiger seal." Raikou mirrored Tsuchi's hand movements as his older brother spoke. "Now, holding that seal, you must carefully control your chakra. Now concentrate hard and give that seperate chakra form and substance." Tsuchi explained. He continued for just a moment longer. "One, two, three." A perfect clone stood beside the Jounin. "And you've got yourself a rather useful clone." Raikou looked impressed and eagerly began to try the technique for himself, following Tsuchi's intructions carefully. Delicate chakra control not being easy for one so young, it took Raikou quite a few attempts before he got the hang of it. Eventually, a tired Raikou tried for the last time that day. Forming the seal and speaking the jutsu name, he concentrated hard. His efforts were rewarded as a clone appeared beside him.

Tsuchi smiled and patted his brother gently on his head. "Good job little brother." With that, he picked Raikou up and carried him all the way back to the house, putting him down just inside to the living room. With a grin, he addressed the tired but happy Raikou, "Tomorrow, we'll try something called the mole hiding jutsu." Raikou looked at his brother and murmured, "I'm no master of earth, not like you." Tsuchi couldn't help smiling at the compliment.

---

And that's half of what you wrote. Anyway, what I'm saying is that you've got almost all you need to be a mod, so once I can see you're writing style consistently fits the bill, I'll be more than happy to approve you as a moderator, especially seeing as you were one of the first to join the site.

Does that sound fair?

~Fox.
Back to top Go down
Tsuchi
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Tsuchi

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:12 am

yes and ,ok thanks only editing the second half because i find it pointless to do the first half you have done.

Tsuchi looked at his opponent "You don't know who i am do you..Tsuchi..Tsuchi Senju and i'm seventeen the hope of the senju clan."Tsuchi jumped and pulled out his bamboo sword and swung it twords his opponent.His opponent dodged and jumped higher to branch and said
"Well do you know who i am..i'm many things but most call me leader of the akatsuki."Tsuchi looked unimpresed and he swung the bamboo sword again
"I don't care who you are you killed my brother and you shall pay for your crime."
Tsuchi jumped and hit his opponent with the bamboo sword across the face but after his opponent diapeared
"NO!"Tsuchi yelled.Tsuchi went back home and baried his brothers body."I'm sorry Raikou I couldn't save you..he was to fast"Tsuchi cried for his fallen family member and he made a tombstone of wood that said "here lies Raikou Senju"Tsuchi went inside and he stayed for three days the he came out into the light,he had moved on.

Is that better?
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:39 am

It's better, but still needs some work. Most notably are:

- The "i"s (uncapitalized),

- Lack of spaces ("...yelled.Tsuchi...")

- General need for more detail (how your character sounded when he spoke is good for that, from time to time).

- Random timeskips ("he stayed for three days" - again would need detail, what did he do in these three days? If it's important enough to mention it, don't just leave it at that).

- Punctuation (missing full stops etc).

So a few easily correctable writing errors, but the detail one really just comes with practice. Tell you what, go join the thread I've posted in The Arena, spar with me and see if you can pick it up. Sound good?

~Fox.
Back to top Go down
Tsuchi
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Tsuchi

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:48 am

kk,=9
Back to top Go down
Night
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Night

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:08 am

I really don't know if I should actually be posting instantly after joining. Anyways..here I go..

Username: Night
Reasons: Partly, for power. The other part, I just want to create BETTER RPers, and, like one of the other moderators stated, I want to be quick as...a rabbit? I guess, and clean up all those applications. =D
Strengths: A good enforcer, RPer, writer, original ideas, watching anime, playing games...yeah, the last two were just extras.
Weaknesses: “Our strength grows out of our weaknesses," An awesome quote. I have several weaknesses which have remained unnoticed by me and others. The only one I HAVE noticed is that, I have a high temper, and get angered easily. BUT, if I'm in a good mood, I'll be cheerful and humorous as hell.
RP Sample: *Searches the best RP out of all his 248932847 documents. xD*
Btw, Tymo is just an NPC/friend for Night to fight with.

The area of the epic fight that was about to take place, was very near the village. They had decided on this place as they didn’t want to stray off from the village’s path. Surrounded by a dozen trees, and unusually yellow grass. The two genins stood a few metres apart from each other, staring into each other’s eyes. It would’ve been apparent to someone that might see their fight, that they were arch enemies. The atmosphere was getting tense, second by second. The sun was not up yet, it was still dawn.

“You sure got guts to fight me, Night,” Tymo spoke as if trying to irritate Night.

“Let’s get this going already, I know I always grasp victory easily” Night had said that while seeming as if he had ignored Tymo’s arrogant remark.

“Alright, let us begin!” Tymo’s voice reverberated throughout the area.

As those words were said, the young ninjas instantly went into action. Night was the offensive type, while Tymo was the defensive type. Tymo had jumped back and hidden in the trees. Night was still standing in the middle of the area, looking invulnerable, and hadn’t moved an inch. His eyes were closed as if waiting to hear the sound of an ant. For a few seconds, nothing in the air made a sound. In a sudden instance, Tymo appeared behind Night’s back and jabbed him in the spine. The person Tymo had just hit had turned into a log, which now lay silently on the ground. It had disappeared after a few moments. Tymo stared at the spot where the log disappeared, for a moment he was impressed with Night’s abilities. But, while being in the state of being impressed, he had forgotten all about the battle.

A shuriken and a smoke bomb attached to it, had materialized from the trees and were heading straight for Tymo’s head. Tymo looked up from the ground, but before he could take a good look at the bolt, it made contact with his chest and exploded. There was a large bang, and then, pure quietness. Night treaded over to the smoke and waited for the large cloud of smoke to clear away, which didn’t take long. When the smoke had cleared away, Night looked closely, but nothing was there. Impossible, he thought, nobody could have been able to withstand a shot like that.

“I got ma’ own tricks up my sleeves!” A voice hollered from above of Night.

Night looked up and saw that Tymo was coming towards him at high velocity, his right hand covered with blood. And there was something in his left hand, which looked like fire. Night’s only advantage at this moment was that, his right hand was injured. But, the speed he was coming at was unstoppable. Night hoped for the best, and quickly moved out of the way.

Tymo fell to the ground, which made the ground shake as if it was angry at him. Night grinned, but before he could enjoy the happiness a bit more, he felt pain in his spine. Then, he fell to the ground on his knees and spurted out blood from his mouth. He looked up and saw that Tymo was not on the ground anymore. He slowly turned around to look, and there was Tymo, standing with a big grin on his face while still bleeding in his arm. Night felt his spine throbbing, he reached for his spine and felt a hard liquid, blood.

Btw, this is one I posted on another site. Rather not name it here, as I COULD get banned for advertising. xD
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Okay, moderator status...approved. Good job, Night.

~Fox.
Back to top Go down
Night
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Night

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:41 am

Thanks. I'll try my best to advertise/mantain the site.
Back to top Go down
KyraiYuki

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:42 am

Username: KyraiYuki
Reasons: As Daytime- Midmorning- Afternoon- Evening- Day- Night [hehe~] previously stated, I enjoy helping other players become better at RP-ing, which in itself helps the forum grow. And I would also prefer to RP on a forum that works like clockwork than one that hardly moves at all. [And MAYBE I want the pretty purple name too. *cough* >.>]
Strengths: A generally nice, calm and understanding person, albeit slightly sarcastic. Can easily be reached at pretty much any time through e-mail, pm, or instant message, so very easily accessible. Good Rp-er [I hope]. And dude, have you HEARD me sing lately, serriooously~. No, but seriously, I am pretty good.
Weaknesses: Can be a tad bit harsh when it comes to acceptance of profiles, things like neatness and word-count. [What. I have O.C.D, so sue me..]. Is easily swayed by a certain person with a name similar to mid-morning *glare*. Can have a serious temper if pushed too far.
RP Sample: As his feet slid off of the rough gravel that made up the odd terrain just outside of the main cavern of the Akatsuki building, a thick white cloud of fog pushed it's way out of the teens lips, his reddened eyes glaring out at the abyss that was the akatsuki caverns. He smirks slightly, though only for a brief second, his heart jumping, and then his feet escaping the confined of gravity as they soar through the sky. He slowly spins around in the air for a brief time, before touching down on an area just north of his previous spot, where he could easily spot yet another pirch. Again, he would leap, spin and then dive back down onto the pirch.

After a few short moments of this, Genkaku found he had had enough his current situation, he had had enough of spinning around his self-made depression, words could not describe how angry he was. Not only at the world, at others, but at himself first and foremost for letting these angers take the better of him. It disgusted him, HE disgusted himself, he was an Akatsuki, and the Akatsuki Leader no less. He was one of the greatest ninja of his time, and one of the greatest to done these robes, he should of been ashamed of himself for not fighting off these urges, these self fury-driven pangs of pain. Still, it wasn't exactly easy for him, he still looked quite like a child, and in essence he still really WAS a child, he was barely eighteen years old and already such power, such responsibility on his shoulders, the burden weighing him down as-if he had a boat strapped to his back.

The more he fought against this back-strapped-boat the more it weighted him down, the harder the burden became to carry it and the worse he simply wanted to cause as much pain to as many different peoples as he possibly could. All this emotion, he just couldn't understand it, well let's face it, he was a male. Most men wouldn't know emotion if it came up and slapped him with a wet fish, but then as stated before, they are only men. Simple creatures, they vary in age, race, personality, gender and preferences, both sexual and otherwise, but there is one thing that drives them all forwards, and that not one of these creatures could stray from for too long. Emotion, it kept them all on track and in line, or entirely off the beaten track depending on their own nature.

Sadly for the boy, his nature had driven him to follow his mind and not his heart. Really, the only thing he used that for was pumping blood, otherwise he'd have had it removed long ago. There was no other need for an item that gave him even more emotion when he already had more that he could stay sane with. He gasped as his feet touched down once more, before he turned and dashed straight into the man cavern. He weaved and slinked through the numerous passageways and tunnels which made up a maze-like Akatsuki base, silently passing his team-mates and straight into his usual 'bed-room' of sorts. He slammed the door after him, flying over a bed and dresser and into a small closet. His hands worked to open a tiny box, which would then begin to slowly turn around within itself, gears churning in the tiny both to allow a pretty little figurine to move itself around, dancing in mid-air.

"Where are you..please, just tell me..please" He whispered to the box, tears once again forming within his eyes. This was horrible, it was the worst thing he had ever felt. But, still he knew that as soon as those doors closed, then everything would return to normal. On the outside..yes. On the outside. The slam of the doors returned everything to it's usual place, he walked out towards the group, a smirk on his pale face as he stared towards the three robed men. He then simply purrs

"Boys. We have business to attend to~"
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Elite Jounin
Elite Jounin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:36 am

Great application!

~Approved.

NOTE: I am closing this thread for now, as we have anough staff members for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application Form   Moderator Application Form Empty

Back to top Go down

Moderator Application Form
Page 1 of 1